Damaco Group is specialized in the production and export of agriculture products for the food and feed industry by bringing added value to poultry byproducts and creating applications both for human consumption as for pet food. Our international teams cover all corners of the globe: we have branches in Europe, South America, the Middle East and Asia. We aim to build a strong relationship with our customers today, tomorrow, together! We strive to be a partner for our customers, by aiming for the highest quality and innovative solutions.
Exporting frozen food for meat processing, distribution, foodservice and retail makes the Group an international player serving customers in more than 100 countries.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager (Frozen Food) to join our growing team. The role is based in Hong Kong.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Identify and engage with major food importers, food service/retail and meat processing sector clients in the territory at c-suite and senior management level to build business;
- Analyze, identify and quantify key market opportunities; identify sales targets, build client communities, craft and implement agreed sales plans;
- To promote and sell Damaco Group products to new and existing customers in the territory;
- Responsible for identifying and managing sales opportunities, building an in-depth understanding of a client’s current and anticipated future business needs and promote DF proposition to meet these needs.
- Make the Sales visits and deliver sales excellence by managing every step of the key account sales process to a successful conclusion.
- Build a team
Sales Process/ Sales Tools/ Product Knowledge
- Proactively network with existing customers to sell DF products;
- Identify new prospects to grow the DF customer base through targeted calls to meet or exceed sales targets;
- Execute DF sales process, explore and understand customer needs with necessary follow up;
- Routinely review sales activity and KPIs to deliver on financial and activity targets.
- Develop and execute key account acquisition strategy, sales activity plans to create a continuous pipeline of opportunities within the territory
- Record key customer sales data in a standardized and consistent manner (ERP)
- Schedule customer contacts, proactively manage leads and opportunities
- Use relevant collateral to illustrate how a range of DF products meet identified customer needs
- Articulate why DF is their client’s preferred business partner of choice
- Understand and apply DF product features and benefits to customers’ needs to win business
- Apply your relationship management and product knowledge skills to optimize sales conversion
- Apply knowledge of competitors to explain the advantages of DF as the business partner of choice
Skills & Management
- Engage with target accounts to identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Possess a deeper and wider knowledge of the products of DF and their need or application to the Food Sector.
- Strong communication skills with ability to prepare proposals and effective presentations for clients
- Able to question effectively to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs to identify up-selling opportunities. Able to provide a range of targeted solutions to the customer
- Accurately summarize customer needs, identify and promote value and trust over price.
- Get customer agreement to price and delivery and close sales
- Ability to handle client objections and use knowledge and experience to overcome concerns
- Able to plan on a short (1-3 months) and medium term (6 months) to achieve performance goals
- Ensure area of responsibility is delivering to plan. Identify & propose changes/solutions to drive and increase targeted delivery
Required Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications :
- Degree level or equivalent education or proven Food Sector sales experience
- Tertiary or professional exposure to the Food, Retail or FMCG Sector
- A natural presenter with convincing presentation skills
- Proactively contribute to printed media opportunities to increase visibility and profile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of significantly exceeding targets and expectations
- Proven ability in closing business to business sales and winning new customers
- Excellent sales skills and a strong negotiator
- Ability to develop c-suite level relationships and engage with the customer to establish an understanding of their business drivers and how DF can become their business partner of
- Able to understand and communicate complex technical issues
- choice to enable them to embed best practice and become more efficient, resilient, agile and responsive to changing business environments
- Excellent organizational skills and problem solver
- Strong entrepreneurial instincts combined with a resilient, persevering nature
- A natural self-starter and self-motivator and adaptable to be able to work with minimal supervision
- Clear understanding of modern selling techniques and ability to use them
- Experience of working in a KPI driven environment
- Willingness to travel within the territory with business trips
- A strong team player able to work and collaborate in a global matrix organization with peers and stakeholders in other regions and countries.
Why join us?
Are you passionate about Food and Meat processing, sustainable and socially responsible? Yes? We are too! Food is an important Sector, its big and represents 10% Global GDP or US$48 trillion according to the World Bank.
If you’re looking for an exciting career across the Food Sector where you can truly make a difference, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development manager to drive market development and the growth strategy in Hong Kong/China.
Working in 100 countries, we pride ourselves on the expertise, integrity and professionalism of our people.